Thursday, April 7, 2011

Beautiful Teenage Fingers

For the past 6 months, I have been leading a genealogy group for members at my church. First it was just the women's group, then some men joined in, and then some of our young people from the teen's group asked if they could join. I was thrilled to have the younger ones join in, but to be honest, I didn't think the teenagers would stick around long. Surely they would want to be off with their friends, not hanging out with a group of older people digging through dusty old books. Members have come and gone, but every teen that joined is still with the group.

Several of the teens had asked if they could help me with the Porter surname web site, so yesterday afternoon we got together. I showed them what I was working on and let them have a go at it. Those young fingers went to work, just tapping away as fast as could be. The clicking of the keyboards sang a song you could hear through out the house. After a few hours, we all enjoyed some pizza before they went off home.

Later last night I imported the files from the flash drive they saved their work on and almost fell off my chair. Over 3000 records had been done!!!! What would have taken weeks for me to get in web page form, was perfectly done in a few short hours by those beautiful teenage fingers.

To my teenage helpers
THANK - YOU!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment